Last year, Michael Jackson and Balloon Boy were among the top news or pop-culture-related Halloween costume choices; this year, perhaps, popular costumes will be Lady Gaga’s meat dress or, as this article describes, the gulf oil spill. Are you planning to dress up in costume this Halloween? If so, are you considering a costume inspired by current events, or one that references someone or something from pop culture? What will you wear and why?
In “Political Masks Are So 2009,” Damien Cave writes:
Lady Gaga is likely to become this Halloween’s hottest celebrity — Madonna with meat, as one costume salesman described it — but when it comes to message-minded get-ups, political ghouls like Barackula are out and corporate horror is in… click the link below to read more.
Also, you can send you in your photos!
Tell us what costume ideas you’re considering for Halloween this year. Even if you’re not considering wearing something inspired by current events or pop culture yourself, what do you imagine will be the most popular topical costume choices this year? Why?
The New York Times is inviting readers to share photos of their Halloween costumes — whether this year’s, or favorites from years past. Send yours in if you’re interested.
- Universal Studios turns to folklore to woo Latinos for Halloween (0.834)
- Halloween Horror Nights gets bigger but not better at Universal Studios Hollywood (0.786)
- The History Of Halloween: The Facts Behind The Fiction (0.500)
- 2009 - Rubie's to design Playboy Halloween costumes (0.381)
- Disneyland Halloween night parties begin! (0.381)