Jacko was famous for his hit songs and unmatched dancing skills, but his eccentricity often made headlines in Gossip sites. Aside from his highly publicized relationships with Lisa Marie Presley and Debbie Rowe, there are a few things which his fans know little about and below are just 10 of the most unusual things you never expected from the King of Pop.
- It was obvious that Michael Jackson was very childish and often found ways to regain his lost childhood. He collected mannequins of children and even built a zoo and a theme park in his ranch, The Neverland. Among his unusual collection is a 6-foot replica of Snow White as well as a replica of Main Street in his home.
- For a star so popular, you would have thought Michael Jackson would take a plunge into the Hollywood stream; however, in his lifetime, he only starred in two movies: Wiz, where he played the role of the Scarecrow, and as Captain EO in Disneyland’s 3D film. He was last featured in his post-humous documentary titled This Is It.
- Amidst his hectic schedule, Michael Jackson still found time to watch toons, just as a kid would. His favorite cartoon superhero character is Morph from the X-Men.
If you are a philatelist or a stamp collector, you should add Michael Jackson postage stamps to your collection. The only place where you can find them is at Saint Vincent in the Caribbean.
- Michael Jackson was very popular for his well-written songs but you probably didn’t know that he owned rights to the South Carolina state anthem titled, “South Carolina on my Mind”.
- Now, for some unusual reason, Michael Jackson believed that peeling the skin off of a KFC chicken would make it organic. David Gest mentioned this in a 2008 interview.
- In 1983, Michael Jackson’s music video for Billie Jean became the first video by a black artist to be featured on MTV. It was also the first video that featured a live audience and dancing.
- Michael Jackson was a huge animal lover; in fact, he made a small animal sanctuary inside the Neverland Ranch. Among his pets include a snake named Muscles, a ram named Tibbs, a pair of deers named Prince and Princess, another pair of llamas named Louis and Lola, a giraffe, zebra and 4 black swans.
- Now, how rare was Michael Jackson’s vitiligo universalis? The King of Pop suffered from a condition so rare, it occurs to one in 8 000 people. This rare genetic disease was called Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency.
- Aside from being a performer, singer, dancer, writer, public figure, celebrity, and often times an actor, Michael Jackson was also an inventor. He designed a special kind of shoe soles which helps the wearer lean forward without falling. This unique kind of shoes were worn by Jacko and his dancers in the “Smooth Criminal” music video.